SOC 402 Week 3 Discussion 1 Generational Cohesion and Conflict
This Tutorial was purchased 3 times & rated
A by student like you.
This Tutorial contains following Attachments
- SOC 402 N Week 3 Discussion 1 Generational Cohesion and Conflict.docx
Generational Cohesion and Conflict. 1st Post Due by Day 3. In preparation for this discussion, review the following resources:
• Generations at Work: Managing the Clash of Veterans, Boomers, Xers, and Nexters in Your Workplace
• Baby Boomers and Generation Y @ Work (While Gen X caught in the middle)
• Generational Differences in Work Values
• Millennials or Generation Y, Who They Are and Why They're Hated
As presented in the readings this week, the generational mix in the workplace can create opportunities for conflict and cohesion. Please respond to the following prompts:
• Your work manager has asked you to bring together a group of co-workers to form a project team that will look at a new software system to manage customer accounts. Currently, the customer account system is very complex and a manual process, but the system works and has been in place and efficiently managed for over 30 years. You decide to create a project team of multiple generations. Your manager asks you why you made this decision. Explain to her why you have chosen Baby Boomer, Generation X, and Generation Y team members by explaining the unique attributes each could bring to the team.
• Have you experienced generational conflict at work or in another part of your life? Has your reading this week on generations changed your views regarding this experience or helped you understand what occurred? Share your experience and how your views may have changed.
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length. Support your claims with examples from required material(s) and/or other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts by Day 7.